Archive for the 'News' Category
It’s not often you hear about a CEO of a major company doing anything that’s inspiring. Enter Japanese CEO, Haruka Nishimatsu. All the gigantic-piece-of-shit CEO’s of the world, take note: Haruka is definitely a worthy leader. Big-up to this dude:
Folks, the war on drugs is an indisputable failure…when looking at the facts and taking the emotional bullshit out of the argument. The fact of the matter is that it does not matter if you, yourself don’t like something, it’s that adults need to have the freedom to relax as they see fit. Whether that be reading the bible, or puffin the herb…or both at the same time for you adventurous types. If you believe that the facts don’t lie, we encourage you to speak up when possible. Especially in the voting booth. Drugs are a personal choice…how would you like it if dangerous drugs like caffeine were taken away from you because some people don’t like caffeine? Ridiculous, right? Spread the word/truth…
See more Legalize Marijuana Infographic – Repeal Cannabis Prohibition
iPhone owners! This could be the best news to date concerning the lack of reliable phone communication via your iDevice. If this magical spray antenna is the real deal, iPhone users everywhere will enjoy phone use without dropped calls: (iPhone specific info at 7:49)
I used to use an iPhone. Great gadget, horrible phone. Proof is in the reviews and complaints by AT&T customers that hopped on the bandwagon (myself included) to get the coolest pocket computer/phone available at the time. Both the 3G and 3GS were only available on AT&T and because of that, AT&T soon earned the reputation for having a shotty network. Old Nokia’s from the 90′s, on that same network didn’t drop calls, but the fanciest gadget phone ever was all about dropping calls…constantly. Fast forward to the iPhone 4 and still…there are antenna issues. Verizon, knowing about the cheeseball antenna and the issues of the iPhones, contracts with the good folks over at Apple to redesign the phone so that it has a more robust antenna…in hopes of preventing their network from appearing as shitty as AT&T’s seemed to be.
Anyway…who gives a shit? With this new magic spray paint, you could turn your whole house into a monster antenna and suck power straight outta thin air. Regardless of the phone or network, you could make calls from a submarine (as long as it was painted with the magic spray on antenna first).
Is this true? Doesn’t seem like it. Plenty of ‘experts’ are chiming in on YouTube complaining that the technical details don’t cut the mustard. If it is though, be sure to be the first to order it once it starts making the rounds of late night info-mmercial spots.
Wally Wallington is a retired carpenter that might have stumbled upon the key to how ancient civilizations created ‘impossible’ things like Stonehenge. Check out Wally’s braniac techniques:
Mr. Wallington, you sir, are a badass. Most folks only discover what it’s like to be heavier by sitting on the couch more with their free time. You, on the other hand, have shed some new light on a question that many folks have been asking for quite a while.
More info about Wally Wallington and his ForgottenTechnology
What up folks? Normally we’re not too serious around here, but sometimes we gotta stop laughing at everything and don our serious faces for a moment. Corporations have been taking advantage of ‘the people’ for too long. Things are out of control.
“Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind” -Bob Marley/Marcus Garvey
The Occupy Wall Street movement is refreshing to see. People doing what we would have done in the 60′s. Standing up for our rights, making voices heard, and actually DOING something. It’s nice to see. Here’s the first official, collective statement from the protesters in Zuccotti Park:
As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.
As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.
- * They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.
* They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.
* They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.
* They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.
* They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices.
* They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.
* They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.
* They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.
* They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.
* They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.
* They have sold our privacy as a commodity.
* They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press.
* They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.
* They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.
* They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them.
* They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.
* They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit.
* They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.
* They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.
* They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.
* They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad.
* They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.
* They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts.*
To the people of the world, We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power. Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone. To all communities that take action and form groups in the spirit of direct democracy, we offer support, documentation, and all of the resources at our disposal.
Join us and make your voices heard!
Learn more: Get Your Read On
Peep two different ways to take on the ridiculous rent in the land they call NY:
These have got to be some of the smallest houses in the world. Insane.